Aston Villa's Jed Steer discusses return to fitness during lockdown



When Aston Villa goalkeeper Jed Steer สมัครสมาชิกfun88 suffered a partial tear of his Achilles in November it all but ended his season just as it was getting started.

The "cruel blow" limited his first Premier League appearance in more than four years to just seven minutes, after starting at Wolves in place of the injured Tom Heaton.

Steer was nearing a return to สมัครเล่นเกมยิงปลา full training before the coronavirus pandemic brought football to an abrupt halt in March, but the 27-year-old has been using the break to his advantage; this week he got back into his boots for the first time in almost six months.

Recalling the incident that วิธีเล่นไฮโลออนไลน์บนมือถือ dashed his hopes of an extended run in the side, Steer said: "I remember the ball going over my head and thinking 'I could be in a bit of trouble here'.

"I was back-pedalling and went to take off to try and get something on the ball, then felt as if I had been shot in the back of my leg.


"The scan came back with a partial tear of my Achilles.

"The rehab has gone really well and, as worrying as it is with the UK in lockdown, these weeks off have given me extra time to get stronger.

"It's been frustrating that I haven't been able to get out on the grass sooner, but this time at home has given me the chance to really work on my strength and it felt so good to get my boots back on."

'Lockdown training a smooth transition'
After the Premier League was suspended on March 13, players and coaching staff have had to adapt to new ways of working, including training sessions via video calls.

Steer praised the club's เว็บหนังออนไลน์ดีที่สุด coaching staff for making the transition "easier than it might have been" and believes continued communication between players and staff is key to maintaining morale.

"Leading up to the lockdown, my physio John put measures in place that would enable me to work from home," he said.

"It was actually a fairly smooth transition for me. Fortunately I have recently converted my garage into a gym and that couldn't have come at a better time.

"I have strength days in the gym and then I have days outside. I'm in my garden and John is in his and we go through my session together over FaceTime.

ความคิดเห็น

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้

คาสิโนออนไลน์ คาสิโนออนไลน์2020 UFA700S

The Netherlands bans professional sport until September due to pandemic

Real Madrid players and coaches agree to take pay cuts between 10-20 per cent